20 lakh undeserving beneficiaries get Rs 1,364 crore under PM-KISAN

New Delhi: The Centre's Modi government has given Rs 1,364 crore to about 20.48 lakh ineligible people under the PM Kisan Yojana. The Ministry of Agriculture has revealed itself in a reply given under an RTI. Punjab farmers are the highest among those who have benefited from such a wrong way.

It may be mentioned that under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, Rs 6,000 is added to the bank accounts of small and marginal farmers every year. The scheme was launched by the Central Government in 2019. It is given to farmers who have up to 2 hectares of agricultural land. The government has recently deposited Rs 2,000 under the seventh installment in the beneficiary farmers' account under the scheme on December 25. In response to the RTI application, the Union Agriculture Ministry has informed that two categories of ineligible beneficiaries have been identified, including farmers who do not qualify first, while the second category is that of income tax-paying farmers.

RTI applicant Venkatesh Nayak obtained the data from the government. He said that more than half (55.58 percent) of ineligible beneficiaries are in the category of income taxpayers, the remaining 44.41 percent are farmers who do not qualify for the scheme. RTI applicant Venkatesh Naik said that he has come to know from media reports that the exercise of withdrawing money from such ineligible persons has started.

Also Read:-

Kerala govt permits reopening of spas, ayurveda resorts

Meghalaya prepares list of 100 health workers from 11 places to start Covid19 vaccination

CM Yogi to monitor last dry run of 'Corona Vaccine' today

 

 

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -