Holi festival is special for everyone, which is being celebrated with great pomp. Today we are going to tell you 6 facts related to Holi, after knowing which you will be surprised. Let's know.
1. Holi is an important Indian festival celebrated in the spring. This festival is celebrated on the full moon of Phalgun month according to the Hindu calendar. Not only this, new year also starts from this day.
2. 'Holi' is considered to be the oldest festival celebrating the celebration of India with gaiety.
3. Very few people know that the name of Holi was 'Holika' or 'Holaka'. Holi is still called 'Fagua', 'Dhulendi', 'Dol'.
4. Many historians believe that this festival was also prevalent among Aryans, but mostly it was celebrated only in Eastern India. Many ancient religious books have written about this festival, while in particular, it includes the pre-Mimamsa-sutra and the narrative Garha-sutra. Ancient festivals like Narada Purana and Bhavishya Purana also mention this festival.
5. Famous Muslim tourist Alberuni has also described Holikotsav in his historical travel memoirs. Many Muslim poets of India have mentioned in their works that Holikotsav is celebrated not only by Hindu people but also by 'Muslim' people.
6. It is said that Akbar's playing Holi with Jodha Bai and Jahangir's play with Noorjahan have been described in history and in a portrait of the Alwar Museum, Jahangir can be seen playing Holi.