Due to cyclone 'Jawad' (Cyclone Jawad) coming up in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh, 07 trains opening/passing through east coastal railway have been cancelled from safety point of view. These trains are said to include Purushottam Express, Patna Ernakulam Express, Dhanbad-Alleppey Express, Neelanchal Express and Bhubaneswar New Delhi Rajdhani Express. Now, the cancellation of these trains may add to the woes of the passengers.
In fact, giving this information, Ct Yadav Rajesh Kumar of East Central Railway has said, "Precautions are being taken in view of the cyclone squalls in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh and in this episode the operation of these trains has been cancelled. You must be aware that at present, andhra pradesh and odisha are facing the threat of cyclonic storm. On the other hand, the Met department has said that the storm is likely to hit the coastal areas of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha by tomorrow morning JAWAD Saturday morning. Not only this, a warning of heavy rain has been issued due to this storm.
Let me tell you that it is being said that the full strength of Jawad will be seen on 4th December when it hits the coastal areas of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha. It is also reported that eastern and western Midnapore districts are expected to witness heavy rain on December 4. Heavy rain is also expected in North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Jhargram and Howrah districts.
Which trains have been cancelled-
1. Train No. 12802 New Delhi-Puri पुjरुषोत्तम Express starting from New Delhi on 02.12.021
2. Train No. 22644 Patna-Ernakulam Express starting from Patna on 03.12.2021
3. Train No. 13351 Dhanbad-Allepy Express starting from Dhanbad on 03.12.2021
4. Train No. 12876 Anand Vihar-Puri Neelanchal Express starting from Anand Vihar on 03.12.2021
5. Train No. 12801 Puri-New Delhi Purushottam Express starting from Puri on 03.12.2021
6. Train No. 12815 Puri-Anand Vihar Nandankanan Express starting from Puri on 04.12.2021
7. Train No. 20817 Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express starting from Bhubaneswar on 04.12.2021