When pigmentation occurs on these areas of the skin, only applying soap does not regularly help and as a result, one can get skin tone and dull. Here are a few natural remedies that will help to cheer up the skin of elbows and knees...
1. Lemon has natural bleaching properties which can help for the toned skin. Apply the juice of a lemon on these areas, massage gently, leaves on for 10 minutes, and rinse with lukewarm water. Apply this thrice in a week and see the difference.
2. The curd is known to be a superior moisturizer. But not many know that sour curd can also help lighten toned skin. Add a teaspoon of vinegar and gram flour to sour curd, and apply the mix. Rinse after 25 minutes with warm water.
3. Mix baking soda with milk and one tea spoon honey to get a thick paste. Apply the paste on your elbows and knees and rinse after 10 minutes. Do this twice a week for two months.
4. Aloe vera helps to make the skin wonderful. Apply fleshy aloe vera leaf pulp on rough skin. Leave on for about 10 minutes and rinse with Luke warm water. Top up with moisturizer.
5. To soften rough skin, apply massage affected areas with coconut oil and one tea spoon honey, and then go for a warm shower. Do not apply soap, just pat dry. You can squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice, also.