Health Benefits of Orange Seeds
1. Fight off radical cells Rich in vitamin C like the fruit, orange seeds can help remove the radical cells that cause damage to your DNA. They are also considered to have an effective impact on reducing the risk of colon cancer due to the vitamin content.
2. Boost energy the seeds can help increase your energy levels. The palmitic, oleic and linoleic acids in the seeds contribute towards accelerating the energy level in your body and enables the storage of energy in the cells . So, the next time you are feeling fatigued and lethargic for no reason, get yourself a few orange seeds to get an instant energy boost.
3. Manage blood pressure Orange seeds are asserted to have the ability to maintain a proper balance of your blood pressure levels. Rich in vitamin B6, they aid in the production of haemoglobin and due to the magnesium content, they play a significant role in managing your blood pressure levels and keeping it at bay.
4. Boost immunity Rich in antioxidants, orange seeds can improve your immunity. The vitamin C in the seeds help boost your immune system and its function, protecting your body from external toxins and illnesses .
5. Prevent constipation The fibre content in the seeds can be accorded to this property. The seeds contain soluble and insoluble fibre, which will help in keeping the intestines and stomach function smooth. It also prevents irritable bowel syndrome and avoids constipation as it helps in pushing out the waste at correct intervals.
6. Reduce cholesterol The phytochemicals known as limonoids present in the seeds are extremely beneficial in managing your cholesterol levels. They aid in reducing the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) bad cholesterol. The soluble fibre in the seeds also plays a significant role in reducing your bad cholesterol levels.
7. Improve skin quality Rich in antioxidants, the fruit seeds can be beneficial for your skin. It helps to protect your skin from free radical damage caused as a result of ageing. The seeds help in reducing the blemishes, black spots and even wrinkles .
8. Improve hair quality. The presence of vitamin C and bioflavonoids in orange seeds are beneficial for your hair health as they promote blood circulation to the scalp. This, in turn, results in strong and healthy hair. The folic acid present in orange seeds accelerates the hair growth and strengthens them from the root-ends. It is also a good conditioner.