An Indian dessert flavoured with cardamom, saffron and fresh Banana. Milk thickened with rice flour is an exclusive recipe for dessert inducing happiness in you. You can go for one spoon at a time. The taste of banana and fresh strawberries is the real essence of this tartlets. Go for this dessert to make you Saturday awesome.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 01 Hour 20 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 01 Hour 30 Minutes
Ingredients Of Banana Phirni Tartlets With Fresh Strawberries
1 Cup Basmati rice (soaked in water)
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
2-3 Cups Milk
3-4 strands Saffron
2 Tbsp Sugar
100 Gram Fresh strawberries
250 Gram Plain flour
125 Gram Butter (chilled), chopped
1/3 Cup Castor sugar
1 Egg yolk
1 Tbsp Chilled water
How to Make Banana Phirni Tartlets with Fresh Strawberries
1. Combine flour, butter, and sugar in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add yolk and chilled water. Process until dough just comes together.
3. Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from refrigerator, roll, and place into tart shells. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice.
5. Bake at 180 C for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until pastry is golden. Allow to cool.