Patna: The candidates were finally selected for 2446 vacant posts of posts including Sub Inspector (SI) under Advertisement No. The Patna High Court has ordered a ban on the restoration with immediate effect. The High Court has said that the ban will continue till further orders if there is no restoration.
Justice PB Bajanathari passed the order while hearing petitions filed by Sudhir Kumar Gupta and others. The single bench while hearing the case has sought response from the state government and BPSSC. On the other hand, the court was informed that there are 268 candidates who were declared successful in the preliminary examination, main examination and physical proficiency test (PET), but was later dropped from the list of successful candidates.
According to media reports, the petitioner's advocate Dinu Kumar told the court that the names of these 268 candidates were in the merit list issued on August 1, 2021. The cutoff marks were fixed at 75.8 at that time. The cutoff marks in the list released thereafter were 75, but the names of these 268 candidates were not in the list of selected candidates. When these candidates were included in the list of successful candidates at the cutoff marks of 75.8, they were dropped from the list when the cutoff marks reached 75. It may be recalled that the candidates selected under this recruitment had been waiting for a long time to go for training. On the other hand, after the court imposes the ban, they will have to wait for some more time.