Randal Keith Orton, popularly known as Randy Orton is going to celebrate his 39th birthday today. He was born on April 1st, 1980, in Knoxville, Tennessee, in the United States. He has two siblings, a sister Rebecca and a younger brother Nate, who later grew up to become a standup comedian. From an early age, Orton displayed an interest in wrestling. However, he was discouraged by his parents, as they believed that it was a difficult career choice. For the most part, he has realized his potential and done well for himself, earning epithets such as ‘Legend Killer’ and ‘The Viper’ over the years.
Here are some facts about Randy Orton, which you probably don’t know.
- On July 30, 2013, Orton was attacked by a fan during a South Africa house show. Following a match, the fan entered into the ring and gave a low blow to Orton.
- Randy Orton has had five different songs for his individual entrances (2 for Evolution and Rated-RKO) in the WWE till now.
- Not just in the ring but the “Apex Predator” is also dangerous outside it, as he has given many interviews where he has verbally and also physically attacked the interviewer.
- Randy Orton was a member of the United States Marine Corps (USMC), before he received a bad conduct discharge as he went AWOL (Absent Without Leave). He served 38 days in a military prison at Camp Pendleton, California.
- Randy Orton won the World Heavyweight Championship from Chris Benoit at the young age of 24. This is a popularly known fact and is in this list because it’s an impressive achievement.
- Randy Orton and his father both have won the Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) Rookie of the Year award. Bob Orton won it in 1973 and Randy won it in 2001.
- Randy Orton started his career as a referee.