Buddha Purnima is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Gautam Buddha, the founder of Buddhism. Born Siddhartha Gautama, Lord Buddha became a spiritual teacher later in life and Buddhism was founded on his teachings.
Today is Buddha Purnima and is time for one of the most sacrosanct and significant festivals, Buddha Purnima, which is celebrated with great zeal and devotion across India and Eastern Asia. Buddha Purnima, also known as Buddha Jayanti commemorates the birthday, enlightenment and death of Gautama Buddha, founder of Buddhism. Even though all full moon days are termed holy in Buddhism, the Purnima of Vesak (April or May) holds unique significance.
1. May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love, peace and truth.
2. We have compiled some wishes, messages, quotes and images, which you can share with your friends and acquaintances on the occasion of Buddha Purnima.
3. On this auspicious day, let us pray for love, peace and harmony for all the entire world. Have a blessed Buddha Purnima!
4. May the full moon of Buddha Purnima steal all ills and usher in peace and awakening. Have a happy Buddha Jayanti!
5. On Buddha Jayanti… Wishing that you find… Rays of hope… And your life is enlightened… By the divine grace… Of Lord Buddha!
6. On life’s journey—Faith is nourishment, Virtuous deeds are a shelter, Wisdom is the light by day and Right mindfulness is the protection by night. Happy Buddha Jayanti.