October 1, 2020 marks the beginning of Black History Month in the UK. George Floyd, 46 years old, who died of homicide by US policeman and the subsequent Black lives Matter protests, it’s vital that we celebrate the Black community in the UK. This post shows you some of the Black-owned British fashion and Beauty brands. The financial impact of COVID-19 has generally hit Black-Owned brands harder, here is the list of some of our favourite fashion and beauty businesses that are Black-owned and British, cuswtomers can shop now or bookmark for later purchase.
- Wales Bonner: Grace Wales-Bonner key theme for her A/W 2020 collection is “Second generation Jamaix=cans living in London during the 1970’s”.
- Lisou: Love blood-coloured prints?? Lisou is the perfect place to go. Silk blouses and flowing dresses in bright hues and patterns can be found.
- April & Alex: More directional
- Roop: Gorgeous bag makers and the bags has just gone from strength to strength. These make for perfect evening bags.
- Mowalola: Invest in Mowalola’s fashion for a slice of fun with a slight rock ‘n’ roll edge.
- Bianca Saunders: Awesome men’s wear
- Cold Laundary: Cold laundary has been wooing us over Instagram with its pared-back aesthetics and simple, tailoring and loungewear, all in pastel hues.
- Ace & Prince: A year old brand for tote bags has steadily become a fashion insider’s secret.
- Casely-Hayford: Brand set up by Charlie Casely-Hayford with his late father Joe Casely-Hayford. Right now, need a tuxedo jacket? Head here.
- Nubian Skin: Brand that creates skin-tone lingerie and hosiery for women of colour. From bras to knickers, and shapewear everything is available.
- Loud Brand Studios: The label created by Jeddiah Duyil, produces body-con dresses with slashed fronts and crop tops with matching trousers. Sassy and pool.
- Duro Olowu: Every single one of the brand’s design is a masterpiece.
- Farai London: cutout dresses are current display. Kylie Jenner is a major fan of this brand.
- Tove: Fashion insider’s all love Tove. The brand offers chic, elegant pieces in bold on-trend hues.
- Yala Jewellery: Its not only sustainable but also affordable. Elegant earrings and necklaces suitable for everyday wear can also be found.
- Roxanne Rajcoomar-Hadden Jewellery: Gorgeous but simple pieces, the brand has innate understanding of what makes each piece of jewellery special. Beautiful necklaces and rings can
Beauty brands includes Pat McGrath Labs, Vernon Francois, Charlotte Mensah, Liha, Dizziak, Boucleme, Yard + Parish, Afrocenchix, The AFRO Hair and Skin Company.