Today we are going to share a special receipe that is shared by Malaika Arora’s mother Joyce Arora. Recently she posted in her Instagram a a video of fish curry and added that this dish is enjoyed by her daughters Malaika and Amrita Arora, and also by Kareena Kapoor Khan. Let us have recipe here
For the curry
One big to medium-sized pomfret
One bowl of grated coconut
5-6 Kashmiri red chilies and 3-4 Pandi chilies
One medium-sized onion (chopped into pieces)
6-7 cloves of garlic
2 tsp peppercorns
1 raw mango
Bhindi (cut the head and make a thin slice through each of them)
Triphala (remove the seeds)
Salt to taste
*2-4 green chilies
1. With the fish cleaned, slice it into medium-sized curry-cut pieces.
2. Grind the garlic, chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, chopped onion, coconut and tamarind into a nice and fine paste.
3. Chop the dry mango into slices, with the skin.
1. In a kadai, add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is slightly heated, add the tadka ingredients into it. Allow these ingredients to fry well.
2. Now, add the ground masala paste into the pan. After that, add the pieces of drumstick into it as well and let this cook for five minutes. While the drumstick is cooking, add the triphala. Cook this on medium-high heat.
3. Five minutes after this, add some salt. Then, add the sliced mango to the gravy and let it cook for another five minutes.
4. Once the gravy comes to a nice and vigorous boil, reduce the heat and check for salt once again.
5. Now, add the pieces of sliced fish into the kadai one by one. After adding the fish, add chopped bhindi to the gravy, too, and give the curry a gentle stir. Let all the pieces of bhindi and fish be soaked well in the gravy.
6. Increase the heat once again and let the curry come to a boil. Continue to cook the fish for the next seven minutes.
7. Turn off the stove and transfer the curry into a bowl.