Charlie Chaplin is conceivably everlasting. Challenging trends in Cinema, the movies presenting by Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin have crossed decades, bring something special to each new age bracket of cinema freaks.
An English comic actor, filmmaker, and composer who rose to fame in the era of silent film, Chaplin became a worldwide icon through his screen persona "the hobo" who is considered one of the most prominent figures in the olden times of the entertainment industry. Today the tramp of Cinema turns 129 yrs.
The son of an absconding father and a mum who was soon sent to an asylum, Chaplin began performing at an early age, touring music halls and later working as a stage actor and comedian. At 19, he was signed to the prestigious Fred Karno Company, which took him to America. Chaplin was scouted for the film industry and began appearing in 1914 for Keystone Studios. He soon developed the Tramp persona and formed a large fan base.
On the occasion of Comedy King, Charlie Chaplin’s 129th birth anniversary, here are 7 quotes by him that proves he was more than just a comic mastermind.
1. We think too much and feel too little.
2. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.
3. Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
4. Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
5. To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune.
6. What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning.
7. I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.