Chandigarh administration announced a “Corona curfew” for this weekend. The curfew will be in place starting from 5 am on May 8 till 5 am on May 10.
The order has been passed by District Magistrate Mandip S Brar. The city observing daily corona curfew will stay in curfew for this weekend amid the prevailing situation. There will be, no curbs on inter-state movement of essential and non-essential goods. Shops selling essential goods will remain open for only home delivery up to 2 pm.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Essential services such as health, law and order, municipal services, police,electricity, fire, media and telecom services will continue to operate.
2. Shops dealing with essentials items will be allowed to open till 2 pm but only for home deliveries.
3. No curbs on inter-state movement of essential and non-essential goods.
4. Restaurants and eateries can open for home deliveries up to 9 pm.
5. Passengers travelling from or to airports, railway stations and bus stands will be allowed.
6. Exams and people involved in exam duties will be allowed.
7. Vaccination and testing centres would remain open.