Aurangabad: Former City Council Chairman Shweta Gupta's Criminal Babu Market near Sabzi Mandi in the city. Tufail Ansari's clothes shop suddenly caught fire on Saturday night. In the meantime, the flames increased considerably. The fire engulfed nearby shops by the time people understood something. Meanwhile, the former Chairman was also surrounded. The children along with her and her husband Shiv Gupta were reportedly evacuated by locals after a search. Meanwhile, locals in hurry reported it to the Nagar police station and fire department after seeing the flames.
On receiving the information, The City Collector Anjani Kumar arrived with the team. Meanwhile, by the time the fire tender arrived, the fire had burnt the belongings of about a dozen shops. Talking about the second incident, many large motor parts godowns, print shops, cycle godowns have been burnt.
Red Cross Chairman Satish Kumar Singh, Secretary Deepak Kumar, businessman Pankaj Verma, Rahul Kumar Gupta, social activist Mitendra Kumar Singh, and others were present to control the fire. The fire was doused with the help of four fire tenders and locals in about three hours after a lot of hard work. There is an utterance of a short circuit behind the fire. The incident is estimated to have burnt clothes, cycle parts, sarees, and other items worth crores of rupees.