Chole Chickpea curry is one of the most loved dishes in Northern India. It is delcious and easy to make dish. So today we bring you a very easy recipe to make Chole Chickpea curry at home. So, let’s know the recipe.
3 large sliced thin onions, 2 large tomatoes (chopped), 1 tablespoon ginger paste, 2 tablespoons garlic paste, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil , 2 bay leaves, 5 to 6 cloves, 3 to 4 green cardamoms, 5 to 6 peppercorns, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons garam masala, 2 cans of chickpeas, Kosher salt (to taste), Water (enough to make a gravy), 1-inch piece of ginger (julienned) and 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (chopped fine).
1.First of all Grind 2 of the sliced onions, the tomatoes, and the ginger and garlic paste together into a smooth paste in a food processor.
2. Now, Heat the vegetable oil in a deep, thick-bottomed pan on medium heat. Add the bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, and peppercorns and sauté until slightly darker and mildly fragrant then Add the remaining sliced onion and fry until light golden in color.
3. Now, Add the onion-tomato paste you made earlier and fry till the oil begins to separate from the paste then add the dry, powdered spices—cumin, coriander, red chili, turmeric, and garam masala powders. Sauté, stirring frequently, for 5 more minutes.
4. Drain the water in the can from the chickpeas and rinse them well under running water.
5. Now add the chickpeas to the masala you fried up earlier. Stir to mix everything well. Add salt to taste and enough hot water to make the gravy—about 1 1/2 cups.
6. Simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes. Use a flat spoon or potato masher to mash some of the chickpeas coarsely. Stir to mix everything well. Your chole Chickpea Curry is ready. Garnish it with juliennes of ginger and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.