Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups wheat flour/atta
- 1 to 2 tsp ghee or oil
- salt as required
- water as required for kneading
- ghee or oil as required for applying on the dough as well as roasting
how to make the recipe:
- combine all the dry ingredients for the dough. add ghee and water in parts. knead to form a smooth dough. add more water if required for the dough. cover the dough and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- take a medium sized ball of dough. roll it into 6 to 7 inches diameter disc on a dusted rolling board.
- apply ghee or oil liberally on the paratha disc. sprinkle some flour on the top.
- from the edges start to fold & pleat the paratha till the end.
- roll the pleated edges tightly. join the edges.
- lightly dust with flour and now roll into round parathas of about 4 to 5 inches in diameter.
- heat the tava. the tava should be hot. place the paratha on the tava.
- turn the paratha when one side is partly cooked. apply ghee on this side. cook for a minute.
- now turn again and apply ghee on the other side.
- flip again for a couple of times, till the parathas are browned evenly and well cooked. press the sides with the spatula while frying the parathas.
- alternatively, you could also add some ghee on the tava and then fry the lachedar parathas.
- serve the lachha paratha hot with any indian dal or a vegetable curry of your choice.