Every year Guru Purnima is on 5 July this year. Guru Purnima is also known as Vyas Puja. We all believe that 'the teacher who gives any kind of knowledge but those who give knowledge of tantra-mantra-spirituality are called Sadhguru, whose attainment is achieved only by the deeds of previous lives'. Getting initiation is considered to be the cornerstone of life and by this man gets divinity and enlightenment. A person can reach the highest peak of his life by doing so. Upon receiving initiation, the disciple attains freedom from all defects.
Because of this, they say "शीश कटाये गुरु मिले फिर भी सस्ता जान"
The importance of Guru is stated as- "गुरुर्ब्रह्मा, गुरुर्विष्णु गुरुर्देवो महेश्वरा:/गुरुर्सात् परब्रह्म तस्मै श्री गुरुवे नम:"
Let's know 8 types of initiation today -
1. Time initiation- It is in the path of cultivation, purifying thoughts.
2. Initiation of knowledge - purification of thought.
3. Marg Diksha - Guidance.
4. Shambhavi Diksha- In this, the Guru takes the burden of protecting the disciple himself so that there is no hindrance in spiritual practice.
5. Chakra Jagran Diksha - In this, Muladhara awakens the Chakra.
6. Vidya Diksha- In this, special knowledge and accomplishments are given to the disciple.
7. Shishyabhishek Diksha- In this, the completion of the elements, enjoyment, peace is done.
8. Poornabhisheka initiation - In this, the Guru confers all his powers to the disciple, as Swami Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had given to Swami Vivekananda.