Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and starting your day with healthy and nutritious breakfast keeps you energized throughout the day.
Here is a tempting and tasty avocado and whole wheat pancake recipe. Instead of oil and butter, avocados are used in these pancakes. It is filled with potassium and healthy fat. Whole wheat flour also brings in B vitamins and fiber, making this a great pancake
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 egg
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 c. brown rice flour
- 2 and 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. whole milk
Note: 1 tablespoon butter/ oil (just in case the pancakes don’t stick)
- Combine the avocado, egg, brown sugar and vanilla in a food processor and blend until they all are combined well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, whole wheat pastry flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the avocado mixture to the dry ingredients bowl. Add the milk and stir until they all are well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter in the pan and cook for two minutes on one side until bubbles gently start coming through. Flip to the other side and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, until the pancakes are cooked through. Serve with syrup or have it just like that.