President Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi today addressed the Parliament in the joint session before the beginning of Budget Session. He gave the speech for around 1 hour and main highlights of which are given below.
1. With the merging of the budget with rail budget, this is a historic session.
2. We all are gathered again to celebrate the democracy and to celebrate the culture.
3. This year marks 300 birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
4. Government's policies are for the welfare of the poor, Dalit, downtrodden, deprived, farmers, laborers.
5. Women are empowered and their skills and talents are utilized.
6. The government has taken steps to improve the lives of farmers.
7. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana has been launched with a budget of 12,000 crores to train 1 crore youth over the next 10 years.
8. The Government for creation of employment opportunities has approved the North East BPO promotion scheme.
9. The mobile app BHIM is a tribute to Babasaheb Ambedkar.
10. For any government, FDI has been the highest this year.
11. India in the world investment report is ranked 3rd.
12. Jammu and Kashmir have been affected by infiltration and terrorism.
13. Steps have been taken to curb the terrorism.
14. The government is committed to the path of peace and progress.