Yoga the ultimate exercise which has no side effects. There are various asanas present in yoga which you can opt for different diseases. It is a slow curing process but it surely beneficial. Here let us know that about how to do Vrikshasana and what is it?
Vrikshasana gives the true spirit of the tree. Just like the roots of the tree balance the tree completely, our feet too act as the roots and help balance the entire weight of the body. Vrikshasana is one of the simplest asanas, and yet it is also one of the most beneficial ones.
A Step-by-Step Guide to do Vrikshasana:
1. Stand tall and erect in Tadasana (mountain pose) with your arms by your side and shoulders relaxed.
2. Bend your right leg and place your right foot high up on your left thigh.
3. “The sole of your right foot should be placed flat and firmly on the inner side of the thigh. And your left leg should be straight,” says Zubin Atre, Founder, AtréYoga Studio.
4. Once you have found your balance, take a deep breath and gracefully raise your arms over your head. Bring your palms together in ‘namaste’ mudra i.e. hands folded.
5. Look straight ahead at a distant object, with a steady gaze. Make sure your spine in straight, and keep taking long deep breaths. Relax the body more and more each time you exhale, and try to hold the pose for as long as possible.
6. Then slowly exhale, bring down your hands from the side of your body and gently release the right leg.
7. Stand tall and straight as you did before you started, and repeat the pose with your left leg while your right leg rests on the floor.