kaju katli or kaju barfi recipe with step by step method kaju katli (cashew fudge) is a most sought after indian sweet at home.
1 cup cashew nuts
½ cup sugar
¼ cup cardamom powder
¼ cup water Ghee for greasing
method • Break open the cashew nuts, and dry roast on a heavy bottom pan till they turn crunchy. Set aside to cool completely
• Powder it in a blender to as fine as possible, do not over run the blender, else the powder will turn oily and lumpy
• With the help of a spoon, break up the lumps if any in the cashew powder and set aside • Add sugar, cardamom powder and rose water to a non-stick pan and begin to heat
• When the sugar melts off completely and begins to boil rapidly, add the powder. Lower the heat
• Take away the pan from the stove, set it aside and mix well to blend the sugar syrup and powder. The mixture must be smooth.
• Put back the pan to the stove and cook till the mixture becomes a mass. At this stage the mixture should not look dry but has to be moist and sticky.
• Transfer it immediately to a plate and let the temperature come down to warm
• While the mixture is still warm, grease your palms and knead it to a smooth crack free dough. If your mixture tends to stick a lot, it means it is still underdone to set the burfi, so add little milk powder and knead. if your mixture looks dry, sprinkle some boiled and cooled milk and knead.
• place the ball on a greased aluminum foil or a butter paper and cover it • with the help of a rolling pin, roll it evenly and cut to desired shapes.
• Cool completely and store in an airtight jar, if you have used milk while kneading refrigerate and use.