Nearly every employee doing private and government jobs is given the benefit of EPF ie Employee Provident Fund. This means that some amount is deducted from your salary and deposited in EPF, which is a kind of saving. You can also check the amount deposited in EPF account whenever you want and for this, you only need UAN number. The UAN number is normally present on the salary slip. Using which you will be able to check the passbook in your PF account through online platform.
In some circumstances, UAN is not written on salary slip or you have salary slip present. So there is no need to bother because most of the work in the technical world is done through online platforms and using this you can also find your UAN number. Here we are going to tell you the simple way to find UAN number online.
Here's how to find your UAN number:
1. To find your UAN number, you must first go to the EPFO portal.
2. On the portal you will get the option of Know Your UAN Status, click on it.
3. After clicking on this option, you have to select one of the member ID, Aadhar card or PAN card.
4. After that, you will be asked for some private details which include name, date of birth, register mobile number and registered email address. After filling all these, fill the captcha given there.
5. Then click on Get Authorization Pin given there and then click on I Agree.
6. After this process you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. After entering this OTP you will get your UAN number.