Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata a.k.a JRD was a great business tycoon who has introduced the technologies which were new at that time. He is also known as the father of Indian aviation as he has built the Tata Airlines in 1932, which finally became Air India. He was one of the most successful entrepreneurs and chairman of Tata & Sons. He served as the chairman for 50 years and led the Tata Group to new heights of success and achievement. Here, on his birth anniversary, we present you lesser known facts about him probably you don’t know.
- He was the second child of Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata who was born on July 29, 1904, in Paris.
- In 1925, he joined Tata & Sons as the unpaid trainees and in 1938, he was elected as the chairman of Tata & Sons.
- He started with 14 enterprises but due to its effective leadership, the Tata & sons was a cooperation of 95 enterprises in just 50 years
- In 1948, he launched Air India’s international which was India’s first international Airline
- He also served as the Chairman of Air India for 25 years.
- He received numerous awards which include Padma Vibhusan in 1957 and Bharat Ratna in 1992.
- He died on November 29, 1993, at the age of 89
On the occasion of his birth anniversary we remember him and salute his contibution to corporation world.