If you are thinking of going on a tour and want to book tatkal train tickets. Then go through with the IRCTC's new set of rules for tatkal booking. But many people are getting confused because of these new rules.
With the arrival of the festive season, people make some last moment travel bookings. To help them, the Indian Railways has made provision online booking for Tatkal tickets. However, the railways keep changing rules for Tatkal reservations. And it always leaves travellers confused.
Tatkal ticket booking charges as per IRCTC 2018 rules:
According to the railways’ official website, here are the new booking charges rules for 2018.
To make you understand Tatkal ticket booking rules 2018, take a quick look here:
1) Booking for AC Tatkal tickets will begin from 10 AM in the morning while for non-AC at 11 AM (a day before the actual date of travel).
2) In case the train for which you have booked a Tatkal ticket is more than three hours late (from the originating point of the traveller and not the boarding point, remember both are different), the passenger can claim a complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges on booked tickets.
3) The passenger can claim a full refund of fare and Tatkal charges if the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel.
4) If the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route, then also a passenger can claim a refund of fare and charges on Tatkal tickets.
5) The passenger can claim a full refund if the coach in which Tatkal accommodation is provided has been detached from the train and the passenger is not offered accommodation in the same class.
6) A full refund will be provided if a passenger is being accommodated in the lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class. If the passenger agrees to travel in the lower class, he/she will be refunded the difference of fare along with the difference of Tatkal charges.