We used to think that oral sex is the safest, and there is a rational grain in it. It does not lead to unwanted pregnancy, and the chances of becoming infected in this case are much lower than with other types of sexual contacts. The oral mucosa is a natural barrier that prevents infection from entering the blood, and saliva helps fight bacteria.
And yet, without taking precautions, oral sex can lead to a number of diseases that will have to be treated for a long time and persistently.
Most often, with orogenital contact, the frenulum of the tongue suffers. It rubs against the sharp edges of the front incisors, and a small abscess appears on it. In this case, it is very important to take a break until complete healing, because with constant injury, a repeated bacterial infection may occur. And she pulls more serious consequences and requires long-term treatment.
Sometimes fellatio can cause damage to the soft palate, which is accompanied by the appearance of redness and spots. In this case, the person may not experience discomfort. Typically, the spots pass during the week, during which you need to refrain from oral contact.
Mechanical injury, alas, is not the only negative consequence of oral sex. If one partner suffers from herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases, then with unprotected contact he can pass them on to another partner.
What are the symptoms appear? Most often we are talking about pharyngitis and tonsillitis - lesions of the mucous membrane of the pharynx and tonsils, which are accompanied by fever, sore throat and even unpleasant smell from the mouth . In some cases, gums are affected, small sores appear on them.
When these symptoms appear, it is very important not to self-medicate, because it can complicate the diagnosis. With sexually transmitted diseases can not joke, they require emergency treatment.
Thrush, or candidiasis, of the oral cavity, is a fungal infection that usually manifests with reduced immunity. This disease can also be earned during oral sex, if the partner suffers from candidiasis of the genitals.
Usually, you can recognize thrush by the characteristic white on the palate, cheeks, tongue, sometimes accompanied by inflammation and sore throat. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor: he will refer to the necessary examinations and write out antifungal drugs.
Severe consequences: throat cancer, syphilis, AIDS
One of the causes of throat cancer is the human papillomavirus, which is also transmitted through orogenital contact.
The main symptoms - tickling, hoarseness, excessive salivation - rarely bother, so the patient does not pass the examination on time. In the later stages of pain, cough, loss of voice, difficulty breathing. Sometimes a tumor can affect the tongue and the tonsils.
With unprotected oral sex, you can become infected with syphilis or HIV. In this case, lesions of various kinds are observed on the oral mucosa. For example, when syphilis has often diagnosed the appearance of a painless ulcer (most often on the lip), which after some time can disappear on its own, misleading the patient and delaying the diagnosis.
With AIDS due to a weakened immune system, a person is more susceptible to infections, so inflammation, ulcers, suppurations, sudden bleeding from gums and other unpleasant symptoms can occur in the oral cavity.
How to prevent diseases
- The most important advice is to refuse unprotected oral sex with untested, random partners. Regular condom or latex wipes for women will reduce the chances of getting infected.
- You should definitely keep your oral hygiene, brush your teeth regularly and visit the dentist twice a year. Any inflammation, sores, bleeding gums increase the likelihood of infection in the blood.
- It is better to refrain from oral sex if the partner has redness, a rash or a raid on the genitals. Also, do not practice cunnilingus during menstruation.
- Doctors recommend not to engage in oral sex after the recent treatment of teeth and gums, as well as for at least half an hour after brushing. At the end of sexual intercourse it is worth thoroughly rinsing the mouth with antibacterial solution.
- Of course, you must regularly undergo a medical examination and seek medical attention at the first suspicious symptoms. This is the case when vigilance is not excessive.