Karnataka ‘Unlock 2’ came into effect in Karnataka on Monday and will remain in force till 5 am on July 5. The government had earlier relaxed restrictions in 17 districts of the state.
These relaxations are applicable in Bengaluru Urban, Uttara Kannada, Belagavi, Mandya, Koppala, Chikkaballapur, Tumakuru, Kolar, Gadag, Dharwad, Raichur, Bagalkot, Kalaburagi, Haveri, Ramanagara, Yadgir and Bidar.
There will be a curfew in place between 7 PM and 5 AM on weekdays and during weekends curfew will be in place from 7 PM on Friday to 5 AM on Monday throughout the state.
*Rules applicable in the entire state:
• Everyday night curfew from 7 pm-5 am
• Buses can operate with upto 50% seating capacity
• Weekend curfew from Friday night 7 pm to Monday 5 am
• Public transport services to operate with 50 percent capacity
• Hotels, clubs and restaurants without air conditioning can open till 5 PM with 50% capacity. Liquor will not be permitted.
• Gyms began functioning at half capacity
• Parks will be open from 5 am to 6 pm for walking and jogging.
• Functioning of lodges and resorts with bookings up to 50% allowed
• Outdoor sports activities without spectators allowed
• Outdoor film shooting can resume from today
• Though bus operations has come as a relief to office goers and others who depend. They plying in leaser numbers and with 50 per cent capacity.
*Restrictions applied for these activities
All swimming pools remain shut All religious places of worship to stay close
All political events remain prohibited
All educational institutions, shopping malls, pubs and amusement parks to remain shut