Between the lockdown and corona crisis, the Kisan Credit Card is one of the most important and popular schemes of the government to help small farmers. The Government of India gives KCC loans up to Rs 1.6 lakh without guarantee to small farmers having Kisan Credit Card (KCC). According to experts, farmers can take a KCC loan of up to five lakh rupees in three years. The interest rate on KCC loan is also very low. It is only four percent annually. To avail the facility of Kisan Credit Card, the farmer is required to open an account under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
The validity of Kisan Credit Card is five years. The special thing is that all KCC loans are covered under the crop insurance scheme. The central government has said that it is going to distribute about 2.5 crore Kisan Credit Cards. It is also very important to make small farmers aware of the benefits of KCC and cheap KCC loans. Kisan Credit Card can also be applied online. Its procedure is as follows.
1. First, the farmer has to go to the official website of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme pmkisan.gov.in.
2. Kisan credit card form has to be downloaded from here.
3. This form has to be filled with land papers, crop information etc.
4. Here the farmer has to declare that he has not got any other farmer credit card made from any other bank or branch.
5. This application has to be submitted. After this, you will be issued a Kisan Credit Card from the concerned bank.
The Kisan Credit Card can be obtained from the Co-operative Bank and Regional Rural Bank (RRB). In addition, this card can also be taken from National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in addition to State Bank of India, Bank of India and IDBI Bank.