Swami Vivekananda, born as Narendra Nath Datta was one of India’s most revered spiritual leaders. He took formal vows of sannyasa in 1887 and decided to renounce the worldly pleasures forever. He used the principles of Vedanta to awaken the religious consciousness among people and help the poor. National Youth Day is celebrated in India on 12 January on the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. Today is 156th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda on this occasion, we bring you the few motivational thoughts of him which will inspire to achieve your dream.
1. Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you loose, you can guide!
2. Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.
3. You cannot believe in god until you believe in yourself.
4. Each work has to pass through these stages — ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
5. Talk to yourself once in a day.. otherwise, you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.
6. Arise awake and stop not until the goal is achieved.
7. The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
8. The greatest sin is to think that you are weak.