Soon Shardhiya Navaratri will be going to commence soon, all the people have gathered in special preparations for worshiping Durga. While showing their devotion to mother Durga, people keep fast for nine days. In this way, the devotee avoids tamasic and excessive pepper-spiced food. By fasting our digestive system is good and when it is talked about fasting for nine days continuously, then our digestive system gets much comfort. But By fasting continuously, the metabolic rate decreases in our body and due to this the weight gets loose also much faster. During the fast, you should be careful about certain things, otherwise you will have to pay them. We are telling you about these things-
1. There should be shortage of water in the body during fasting. Doctors also recommend drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
2. Always during the fast, fruits should be consumed in which the water has been found in excess quantity. Like orange, seasonal, grapes etc.
3. During fasting, you should not be hungry for long periods of time and you must eat and drink something in between.
4. Include foods that are high in carbohydrates. Like potatoes, sago and if you want dry fruit can also be eaten.
5. During fasting, you can also consume milk and fruits in breakfast.
6. If you want, you can also eat roti or dosa made from ketto flour and potato-tomato curry.
7. If you are hungry in the evening time, then you can also take ginger tea with a cup of green tea with dry dry fruits or fried makhanas.