“India must grow and grow rapidly”, these were the words of former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the occasion of 200 Years of Presidency University held on Friday.
In a step towards progressive Indian the former Prime Minister stressed on the need of creating 10-12 million jobs every year for the fellow Indians to provide employment to the growing youth population. Also the 84 year old man mention free thinking and liberated expression do not any more exist in the Indian Universities.
Here are some of the key points Mamohan Singh said upon
• Recent happenings in Jawaharlal Nehru University and Hyderabad Central University as a matter of concern. Prohibiting the student community to express freely is very undemocratic and against their right. The intuition cannot and should not suppress the students.
• The hate towards the backward communities and minorities are rising day by day and have now become the trend of the word. To keep India progressing we need to protect our nation from this dreadful trend. The institutions are responsible for making a big change.
• He also said that instead of giving just the bookish knowledge the students should get the chance to pursue their field of interest and knowledge.
• The former Prime Minister explained nationalism as the encouragement of dissent and not its suppression.
• He said with sadness that India is a country full of talented youth and many areas to explore but even after so many years of independence a lot of work is still to be done.
• It is important to find the solution for poverty and equality and get on terms where the internal tension can be solved without the involvement of violence.