Nirjala Ekadashi which is coming every year is going to come this year also. This fast is observed on the day of Ekadashi of Jyeshtha Shukla and this time this date is falling on 2 June. Today we are going to tell you some things to be done on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi.
1. Wake up early in the morning on this day and see both of your palms as soon as you get up. Then chant the mantra-कराग्रे वसते लक्ष्मी, करमध्ये सरस्वती. करमूले तू गोविंद, प्रभातेकरदर्शनम्..
2. On this day, put a little Ganga water and take a bath because by doing this you can get the fruits of the pilgrimage at home.
3. After this, offer water to the sun with a copper pot after bathing and chant the mantra, ऊँ सूर्याय नम:.
4. Donate sesame, clothes, money, fruits and sweets to a poor person or in the temple.
5. Take a bath in a holy river on this day and while bathing, chant the Varuna Mantra - ऊँ वरुणाय नमः
6. On this day, you should fast while staying waterless and if you cannot be dehydrated then you can fast by consuming fruit and milk.
7. After bathing on this day, worship in the temple of the house. Do the tarpan for the fathers.
8. Also worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati on this day.
9. On this day, worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi, and read any story of Lord Vishnu in worship.
10. On this day go to a nearby Shiva temple and offer coconut, bilvaphal, sitaphal, betel nut, seasonal fruits etc. to the Lord.