The Bombay High Court on Saturday also released a copy of the enhanced verdict after granting bail to Aryan Khan and two of his associates in the Cruise Dugs case. The court said no evidence has been found against the accused to prove that they had conspired to commit any drug-related offence. A single bench of Justice N W Sambre had accepted the bail of Aryan Khan, Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha on October 28.
The court also said that the Whatsapp chats that have surfaced from Aryan's phone have not revealed any objectionable thing so far to indicate that the trio along with the other accused had committed an offence. The order also stated that the confession of Aryan Khan recorded by the NCB under Section 67 of the NDPS Act can be used only for the action of the case, not to infer or prove that the accused have committed an offence under the NDPS Act.
Rejecting the argument that the NCB should consider the case of all the accused simultaneously, the court said that there is hardly any evidence before us on record to show that the three accused were ready to do an illegal act with equal intent.
The court also said in the order that the three accused had already been in jail for nearly 25 days. Meanwhile, the prosecution did not even conduct a medical examination to ascertain whether they had not consumed drugs. Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik said on Saturday that the Bombay High Court's detailed order on Aryan Khan's bail plea corroborated his claim that the decision of Khan and others in the narcotics case was fake. Malik said That Samir Wankhede, Regional Director, Bureau of Narcotics Control (NCB) should be suspended after the court's findings.