Oats Dosa looks a lot like Rava Dosa with holes of different sizes (almost like a net) and tastes like a cross between rava, oats and regular dosa.
1/2 cup instant oats/quick cooking oats
1/4 cup semolina (rava)
1/2 cup rice flour (You can also use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour/maida)
1.5 cups water
1 large onion
1 large green chilli
2 Tbsp grated coconut Ghee or oil Salt to taste
2 Tbsp yogurt
1 Tbsp coriander leaves/curry leaves
- Grind the quick cooking oats till it's really fine and powdery Add the rice flour, semolina/rava and the yogurt.
- Add the water, slowly so that you can keep track of consistency and know when to stop.
- Add the onions, chilli and coriander/curry leaves (or both). If you don't like raw onions, I recommend you saute the onions first.
- Let the batter sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the tawa and drizzle some water on it to check if it's hot or not.
- Drizzle some ghee or oil on the pan and spread it across the tawa. Pour some of the batter in the centre and using a serving spoon, spread it around.
- Let it sit for two minutes and turn over when cooked. 7. Serve with fresh coconut chutney.