Pressure cooker eggless sponge cake is a kid friendly Indian dessert and easy to make basic cake.
This cake can be made easily for your kid’s birthday parties and everyone is going to love this.
• 1 cup All purpose Flour / Maida
• 1/4 cup Oil
• 1/3 cup Sugar
• 3 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
• 3/4 cup hot water
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence-
• Mix together Oil, Sugar, water and vanilla essence in mixing bowl.
• Stir in all wet ingredients well until sugar is dissolved.
• Sift all dry ingredients maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, in wet ingredients.
• Mix dry ingredients well with wet ingredients.
• Preheat pressure cooker over medium heat for 5 mts.
• Grease cake tin well using cooking oil.
• In a cake mixture add lime juice, mix and immediately pour cake mixture in baking tin.
• First put one empty pot in a pressure cooker and on the to of empty pot put cake tin.
• Make sure that cake tin doesn't touch the bottom of the cooker.
• Cover with the lid without putting whistle on.
• Bake on medium heat for first 5 mts.
• Lower down the heat to low to medium and cook for 30 to 35 mts.
• After 30 mts leave the cake in hot cooker for 5 more minutes.
• After 5 mts insert a tooth pick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clear that means cake is done.
• If some batter sticks to the toothpick then continue to bake cake for 10 more minutes.
• Allow the cake to cool down for 10 minutes.
• After 10 minute run the knife around the edges of cake tin.
• Pu one dish on the top of cake tin and flip this over.
• The cake should come out without sticking to the bottom of cake tin.
• Allow it to cool down on cooling rack before putting icing on cake.
• Serve just as it is or with dollop of cream or ice cream.