Gobhi manchurian is the favourite of any indo chinese food lover. Cauliflower manchurian or gobhi manchurian as it is popularly known as is gobi florets deep fried in batter and then stir fired with capsicum and ginger garlic paste.
1 medium Gobhi (Cauliflower3/4 cup Flour (Maida)
1 tbsp Corn Flour Salt to taste
2 dried red chillies
1 Chopped green chili
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tbsp Garlic Paste
11/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
1 cup finely Chopped Spring Onions
1/4th tsp Ajinomoto
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
2-3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 capsicum cut into cubes
Oil for deep frying 2 tbsp Oil
How to make Gobhi manchurian Method
• Cut the cauliflower in big florets.
• Make a smooth batter of maida, corn flour, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp garlic paste, 1/4 tsp red chilly powder and salt using water.
• The batter should be neither too flowy nor too thick. It should be dripping consistency.
• In a frying pan heat oil for frying. Dip the gobi florets in the batter and deep fry till golden brown. Fry in small batches. Take ou on paper napkin and keep aside.
• In another pan heat oil and add the left ginger & garlic paste, dried red chillies broken into halves and green chilies to it.
• Stir fry for a minute and then add salt and chopped capsicum cubes. A minute later add chopped spring onions.
• Now add ajinomoto, soya sauce and tomato sauce to it. Mix well.
• Add fried gobi florets kept aside and sprinkle 1 tsp cornflour. Toss well. Garnish it with finely chopped spring onions. Serve gobi manchurian hot.