You must have tasted the famous dish dhokla in Gujarat. It is a very special dish and Dhokla is the pride of Gujarat cuisine. It is also easy to make and is also used to eat testy. But many people don't like to eat it just because of the gram flour. But you can make it without gram flour, and the test comes just as it comes in the besan dhokla. So today we've come up with easy recipe for you to make soft and spongy hauls without besan. Let's tell you about it.
- 1 cup of tur dal (soaked for 5 hours)
- 1 cup gram dal (soaked for 5 hours)
- 2 cups rice (soaked for 4-5 hours)
- 1 cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 green chillies (long chopped)
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp celery (if you want)
- 7-8 curry leaves
- half a teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Packet Eno
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- half a teaspoon rye
- Pinch Heng
- Oil as needed
- First put the tur dal and gram dal in a mixer jar and grind.
- Remove the dal paste on a plate and grind the rice as well.
- Now mix the dal-rice paste, curd and salt together, stir together and keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add salt, turmeric, celery, half teaspoon sugar, coriander, ginger, green chillies, asaft, eno and 1 teaspoon of oil to the paste and mix well.
- Place the water in a cooker in the medium flame to warm.
- Grease a plate with oil as soon as the water is hot and put it in a covetous paste and put inside the cooker.
- Close the lid of the cooker and remove the whistle and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Open the lid after the stipulated time.
- Keep the oil in a pan in low flame to heat.
- Add the rye, green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a while as the oil is hot.
- Add water, salt and lemon juice to boil as soon as they are roasted. Turn off the flame as soon as the first boil.
- Now remove the dhokla in a plate and cut it into a knife.
- Add ready-made sneeth of water from above. Just ready without besan and semolina.