250 gms paneer/cottage cheese, cubed
5-6 medium tomatoes chopped
1 or 2 green chilies chopped
6-7 garlic crushed
1.5 inch ginger half crushed and half julienned
2 green bell capsicum julienned
5-6 kashmiri red chilies
1.5 tbsp coriander seeds roasted
1.5 to 2 tsp crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
½ tsp garam masala powder
½ cup chopped coriander
2 tbsp salt or black salt
1. in a kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. add the crushed ginger and garlic. saute these till the raw smell disappears.
2. now add the chopped tomatoes. saute the tomatoes till they become soft.
3. pound the coriander seeds and red chilies to a roughly fine powder.
4. after 8-10 minutes add the spice powder to the tomatoes.
5. saute the tomatoes till the whole mixture become like a paste and starts to leave oil.
6. now add the capsicum and chopped green chilies. and saute the capsicum for some 8-10 minutes.
7. add salt and garam masala powder. mix these with the rest of the masala. 8. its time to add the paneer. cook the paneer for 2 to 3 minutes in the masala.
9. lastly add kasuri methi, ginger and coriander leaves. mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the kadai paneer, hot with rotis or naans !