Parikrama is of special importance in Hinduism. As far as the beginning of circumambulation is concerned, this practice is very ancient. Parikrama is a part of Shodashopchar worship. Explain that this belief of Parikrama is also in many religions of the world. Such as the circumambulation in Kaaba and the circumambulation in Bodh Gaya. It is believed that the practice of Parikrama started from the same place when Lord Shree Ganesh and Karthikeya revolved around their parents.
1. Things to keep in mind while orbiting: While circling a deity in the temple, it should be taken care that the right part of the person should be facing the deity while orbiting.
2. Revolving of the idol - In this type of revision, the deities are revolved. Such as Lord Shiva, Mother Durga, Lord Vishnu, Lord Ganesha and Karthikeya, Hanuman Ji, etc.
3. Circumference of the river- In this type of circumambulation, the rotation of the rivers is done. Such as Ganga, Saryu, Narmada, Godavari, Kaveri, etc.
4. Tree or tree orbit- In this type of orbit, people and banyan trees are revolved.
5. Teerth Parikrama- In this type of circumambulation, a place of pilgrimage is revolved. Such as Ayodhya, Ujjain, Prayag Raj, Chaurasi Kos Parikrama, etc.
6. Chardham Parikrama or Yatra- In this type of parikrama, the Char Dham yatra is done.
7. Parikrama of Bharat Khand- In this type of circumambulation, the whole country is revolved. Parikrajas and sages do this orbit.
8. Parikrama of the mountain- In this type of orbit, the mountain is revolved. Such as the circumambulation of Govardhan, Girnar, Kamadgiri, etc.
9. Parikrama done in marriage- In this type of parikrama, at the time of marriage, the bride and groom revolve around the fire 7 times. Marriage is considered to be concluded only after the orbit of fire.
Know which Gods and Gods should be circled:
1. The circumambulation of Lord Bholenath should be done half time.
2. Mother Durga should be circled once.
3. Sankat Mochan Hanuman and Lord Shree Ganesh should be revolved around three times.
4. The circumambulation of Lord Shri Vishnu and Sun God should be done four times and the Peepal tree should be revolved one hundred and eight times.