The month of Sawan has begun. In Mahadev Bhakti, the absorbed people are performing Rudra Abhishek, performing fast-puja. Many people follow many difficult rules throughout this month. It is not possible for all people to perform all the fasts of the month of Sawan. For such persons, there are some simple rules mentioned in the Dharma Puranas, which can also be followed by the grace of Mahadev. At the same time, it also improves health and cures diseases during this season.
Do not consume these things in the month of Sawan:-
- Leafy vegetables like spinach, fenugreek, red vegetable, Bhatua should not be consumed in the month of Sawan. In addition, cabbage should also not be eaten.
- Non-veg, garlic-onion, vengeful food with strong spices should not be eaten.
- Alcohol should not be consumed. No intoxication should be done like tobacco and cigarettes etc.
- Brinjal and radish should not be eaten.
- It is very auspicious to offer raw cow's milk to Mahadev in the month of Sawan but one should not consume raw milk himself.
- Do not even eat kadhi this month.
- Do not even eat betel nut this month.
- Consumption of honey in the month of Sawan is also said to be prohibited.
- Don't eat too many sour and sweet things.