Former Indian cricket captain and legendary batsman Sourav Ganguly is celebrating his 47th birthday today. He was born on this day in 1972 in Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal. He is also known as Dada, Maharaj and tigers. Let's know some interesting facts about this very talented Indian cricketer.
1. His parents affectionately called him 'Maharaja'.
2. Saurabh still lives in a joint family with more than 50 members and has 48 rooms in his house and he owns 32 cars.
3. Ganguly's parents wanted him to be an engineer or a doctor.
4. Ganguly's first love is not cricket but football.
5. In the world of cricket, He is affectionately called 'Dada'.
6. Sourav is also known as Prince of Kolkata.
7. He played his first ODI match against the West Indies in 1991 and the first Test against England in 1996 at the Historic Grounds Lords.
8. One important thing is that Ganguly's father has had a huge business in printing, which is third in Asia. He also holds a place among the 5 richest people in Kolkata.
9. During his cricket career, Dada led the Indian team in 49 Tests and won 21 matches. Dada has also scored more than 10,000 runs in ODIs.
10. Ganguly became India's captain in October 2000, 19 years before today.
11. As a captain, he hit two consecutive centuries against Australia in the first ODI series.
12. Sourav Ganguly is the favourite Indian captain of West Indies batsman Lara.
13. Ganguly's favourite cricketers include India's two great batsmen Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar, while West Indies veterans Brian Lara and Steve Waugh.
14. Ganguly's favourite female player is Steffi Graf, a German tennis player.
15. In Hindi cinema, Dada loves amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan, the greats of the century.
16. While Dada likes Aishwarya Roy and Raveena Tandon in the adores, her favourite film is Sholay.
Just before his birthday, ICC wishes Dhoni, gave such a unique gift
Tennis: Novak Djokovic Reaches Third Round, Read Full Report