1. What is sustainable development?
A. The development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
B. To conserve natural resources and to develop alternate sources of power while reducing pollution and harm to the environment.
C. It is the practice of developing land and construction projects in a manner that reduces their impact on the environment by allowing them to create energy-efficient models of self-sufficiency.
D. All of the above
2. Which of the following is correct, if we only achieve two out of three pillars of Sustainable Development?
A. Social + Economic Sustainability = Equitable
B. Social + Environmental Sustainability = Bearable
C. Economic + Environmental Sustainability = Viable
D. All of the above
3. Which of the following is/are not an objective (s) of sustainable development?
A. Continue to implement the family planning program.
B. Maintain a dynamic balance of arable land (not less than 123 million hectares) and implement an agricultural development strategy
C. Maintain a dynamic balance of water resources by reducing water consumption for every unit of gross development product growth and agricultural value-added
D. To bring about a gradual and sometimes catastrophic transformation of the environment
4. In which year the term ‘Sustainable Development’ came into existence?
5. The United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) was established by the UN General Assembly in the year
6. Which of the following UN commission is responsible for reviewing progress in the implementation of Agenda 21 and the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development?
A. United Nation Disarmament Commission
B. United Nations Statistical Commission
C. United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD)
D. United Nations Commission on Human Rights
7. Consider the following statement (s) related to the parameters of sustainable development refer to the guiding principles.
I. Help in understanding the concept of sustainable development
II. Point the problems associated with it
III. Help to take active policy measures
A. Both I & II
B. Bot II & III
C. Both I & IV
D. I, II & III
8. Which of the following is not included in the parameters of sustainable development?
A. Carrying capacity
B. Inter and Intra-generation equity
C. Gender disparity and diversity
D. None of the above