Supreme Court will hear the petition of Gulshan Kumar's murderer, Abdul Rashid sought bail

New Delhi: The Supreme Court has agreed to hear the plea of ​​Abdul Rashid Dawood Merchant and Abdul Rauf Dawood Merchant, convicted in the murder case of T-Series owner Gulshan Kumar. The court will hear the matter in July. In the petition, Abdul Rashid has also sought bail, who was working as a professor in a government university.

It is noteworthy that on 12 August 1997, bhajan singer Gulshan Kumar was shot dead in front of a temple in Jeet Nagar in Mumbai. In 2002, the Sessions Court of Mumbai had convicted Abdul Rauf while delivering the verdict, while Abdul Rashid was acquitted. However, in 2021 the Bombay High Court upheld the conviction of Abdul Rauf, as well as overturned the lower court's decision to acquit Abdul Rashid. The court had said that Abdul Rashid was one of the murderers who took part in the shoot-out. Advocate Satish Mane Shinde has questioned the High Court's decision by filing a petition in the apex court. He has said in the appeal that the High Court has failed to understand the evidence placed before it. At the same time, the eyewitnesses have failed to take into account the contradictions between the statements of the witnesses.

Along with this, the petition filed by Abdul Rashid states that the eyewitness hid behind a coconut tree after the first shot at the time of shootout. In such a situation, it is necessary to understand that the alleged witness could only see Abdul Rashid and the co-accused reaching the spot. Not only this, it has been said in the appeal that another witness who was standing near Kumar has failed to identify Abdul Rashid. The High Court ignored this. Also, it has been said in the petition that Abdul Rashid is now 50 years old. In such a situation, he also has health related problems. So Abdul Rashid should get bail. Abdil Rashid is currently lodged in Nashik Central Jail.

Abdul Rauf had run away from parole

Let us inform that Abdul Rauf was convicted in the Gulshan Kumar murder case. In April 2002, he was sentenced to life imprisonment. Then in 2009 he came out with parole and fled to Bangladesh. Then later he was brought to India from Bangladesh.

Steel exports from India to stay strong due to rise prices, regional demand: Moody's

Defence Minister launches 2 indigenous frontline warships, lauds Navy for 'Aatmanirbharta'

Wholesale inflation in India breaks 24-year record, WPI crosses 15%

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -