Raw Mangoes 500 grams
Mustard Oil filtered 1 cup
Fennel seeds 2 1/2 tablespoons
Fenugreek seeds 1 tablespoon
Salt 3 1/2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder 2 1/2 teaspoons
Split mustard seeds 2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder 2 tablespoons
Onion seeds 2 teaspoons
Chickpeas 1/4 cup
1. Heat mustard oil in a non stick pan till it starts to smoke. Set aside to cool.
2. Cut mangoes into quarters, remove the tender seeds, then cut into smaller pieces and put into a large bowl.Crush fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
3. Add salt, turmeric powder, crushed spices, split mustard seeds, red chilli powder, onion seeds and chickpeas and mix well.
4. When the oil is cooled add half of it and mix. Keep the bowl in the sun for 3-4 days.
5. Transfer into a porcelain or glass jar and add the remaining oil so that all the mango pieces are well covered.
6. Keep this in the sun for further 12-15 days.
Serve with paratha !