According to news reports, the countryThailand is now fully open to visitors from all countries. Following points needs to have adhered on travel.
* Thailand had already reopened its borders for visitors with work permits, residents, or those with family staying there. Its government recently announced travellers from all countries can visit and apply for new ‘tourist visas’ lasting up to 60 days.
* Visitors will have to undergo a PCR test and mandatory quarantine-on-arrival, and will also have to apply for a travel visa, obviously.
* This new scheme mandates that international visitors can stay for up to 60 days. But, they will be required to self-isolate for 14 days at an ‘alternative state quarantine’ hotel on arrival.
* Those travellers who intend to stay for a longer period can apply for a ‘special tourist visa’, also available to those coming from ‘low-risk’ countries like China, Australia, and Vietnam. This visa allows a tourist to stay for up to 90 days, which can be extended twice, that means to a maximum of nine months.
* Carry travel and medical insurances that will cover COVID-19 for at least the length of your stay.
* Keep in mind that if you are travelling to the country, you will need to provide a negative test report done not more than 72 hours before arrival, along with a second test once you land. In case traveller tests positive, they will have to stay in quarantine for 14 days in a state hospital.