New Delhi: A massive fire broke out in a doctor's bungalow in Noida's Sector-20, adjoining the national capital, on Friday morning, with a lamp lit for prayers. More than a dozen people, including children, were left stranded inside the building due to the fire. Officials gave information in this regard on Friday.
He said that the trapped people were rescued by the fire men after a lot of struggle and no casualty was reported. Officials said that the fire could be brought under control with a hard work of about an hour. Chief Fire Officer Arun Kumar Singh said, "Around 10 am on Friday, we received information about the fire in D block of Sector 20, after which fire men and three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
Singh said the doctor had lit a lamp for prayers in the morning, which led to a fire on the first floor of the bungalow, where 13 people, including children, were trapped. The chief fire officer said that there was polyvinyl chloride (PVC) paneling inside the bungalow, due to which a lot of smoke came out and the fire took a ferocious form.