'Kisan Leader' Ankur Sangwan surrendered in Tikri border gang rape case

New Delhi: Ankur Sangwan of the Kisan Social Army, one of the main accused in the Tikri border gang rape case in the national capital, surrendered before the Bahadurgarh court on Wednesday (October 27, 2021). A reward of Rs. 25,000 was announced on his head. The court remanded him to remand on the application of the police. Ankur is a resident of Mandola in Charkhi in Dadri. According to reports, Pawan Kumar, chief of SIT and Bahadurgarh DSP, who was formed to investigate the incident, has said that a case of rape was registered at Bahadurgarh police station in May 2021.

The victim was infected with coronavirus after the rape and later died during treatment. The victim's father had told SIT that his daughter Anup Singh lived in a tent of Kisan social army with Chanot and Anil Malik. She was first molested and then raped in the same tent. Chanot is the leader of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). He and Ankur Sangwan are also the main leaders of the Kisan Social Army. The victim died in a private hospital in Bahadurgarh on April 30 this year. All those involved in the investigation have confessed that Anil Malik, AAP leader Anup Singh Chanot and others had molested and raped the deceased. Anil Malik has already been arrested while another accused Jagdish is still absconding. Ankur, after surrendering before the court, said he had reached the Tikri border in November 2020, where he along with his colleagues started the Kisan Social Army.

In fact, Ankur Sangwan had gone there during the West Bengal elections. There he met the victim as the leader of the Kisan Social Army. It was then that the victim joined the ongoing agitation along the Delhi border. The victim had reached Delhi from West Bengal on April 12 to join the demonstration by train. But she was sexually abused in Delhi. The victim, who was later infected with coronavirus, died on April 30 at a private hospital in Bahadurgarh. It may be mentioned that farmer leader Yogendra Yadav had also admitted on May 10, 2021, that he was aware of the incident with the girl. The deceased's father had also said that Yadav had been in touch with his daughter since April 24 and knew the situation before her death. Even then, instead of informing the police, Yogendra Yadav was trying to suppress the incident.

Eight people killed in a road accident in Doda, Jammu, declares Union Minister Jitendra Singh.

'If Balasaheb Thackeray were today...,' Sameer Wankhede's wife writes letter to Uddhav

After extortion accusation, Sanjay Raut criticises Z security to Sameer Wankhede

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -