Everywhere you have seen people talking about how to lose weight. But few people talk about how to gain weight. On the internet, you can get loads of information about weight loss but weight gain is tougher. Here experts have listed out some of the Ayurveda suggestions in order to gain weight in a healthy way.
1. Include soybean in the diet. Soy is high in protein and is perfect if you are a vegetarian looking for good sources of protein. Eat a fruit or drink fresh fruit juice, if possible every day or at least three times a week. If your diet includes non-vegetarian foods, you can add any meat of your choice twice a week.
2. Include more curd, ghee, milk, sugarcane, rice, black gram, and wheat in your daily diet. These are all good for gaining weight in a healthy manner.
3. Gaining weight doesn't mean you don't have to exercise. In order to gain weight healthily, one must exercise regularly to allow the body to metabolize the food and further keep your appetite strong.
4. Small quantities of spices such as cinnamon, garlic, ginger, cardamom, clove and black pepper in your diet help in stimulating your appetite.
5. Sleep well at night. Get at least eight hours of proper sleep. Avoid distractions before going to bed, like mobile phones or laptops. Drink a glass of cow's milk with a pinch of turmeric for a sound sleep.
6. Eat at a normal speed, neither too fast, nor too slow. Eating at a normal speed stimulates the salivary glands, which aids digestion.
7. Do not watch television, use your mobile phone or read while you are eating. Eat actively and allow your body to be engaged in the act of eating.
8.Choose a clean and noise-free environment to have your meals.
9. Do not drink a lot of water before or after meals. You may take small sips during meals if you need. In winters, you can sip lukewarm water during meals.
10. Massaging the body with sesame oil allows the muscles and bones to become strong. It also promotes blood circulation which will carry nutrients to all parts of your body.