Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia was one of the founders of the BJP. She also has an important contribution in the politics of Madhya Pradesh. Though her birthday falls on October 12, but according to Hindu date, Scindia family also celebrates Rajmata's birthday on Karwachauth. On this occasion, we are telling you about some special stories related to her life.
Vijayaraje Scindia's public life was as impressive and attractive as she faced troubles in her personal life. The relationship between Vijayaraje Scindia and her only son and Congress leader Madhav Rao Scindia was very bad. Maharaja Jeevajirao Scindia of the princely state of Gwalior took the important decision of marriage in one day. In the first meeting of the Taj Hotel in Mumbai, he gave heart to the future Queen. He remained firm on the decision to marry even in the face of opposition.
Such was the love story ...
1. Rajput girl Lekha Divyeshwari, who grew up in Nepal House in Sagar, met Maharaja Jeevaji Rao at Hotel Taj in Mumbai.
2. The Maharaja liked Lekha at first sight. He spoke with Lekha addressing Princess.
3. During this time, Jeevaji Rao kept listening to all things quietly and was fascinated by the beauty and intelligence of Lekha.
4. He invited Lekha along with the family to the Scindia family's Samudra palace in Mumbai the next day.
5. In the Samudra Mahal, Lekha was honored with the traditional Mujre like the Empress, then Kunjar Mama understood that her Lekha would become the Queen of Maharaja Jeevaji Rao Scindia.
6. A few days later, the Maharaja sent his proposal of marriage to Nepal House through Mausa Chandan Singh of Lekha.
7. Later they announced marriage. The marriage was opposed by the Scindia family and Maratha chieftains.
8. After marriage, when Maharaja Jeevaji Rao took his queen to Mumbai to introduce her wart-aunt to Sardar Angre, there was also opposition. However, later Vijaya Raje won the trust and respect of the Scindia family and Maratha chieftains by her behavior and dedication.