In WWE announced that Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in during the WrestleMania weekend. They have also made an announcement that Hulk Hogan will be the one to induct the former tag team champion into the WWE Hall of Fame. Beefcake had headlined Starrcade 1994 in a match against the then-WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Hogan. They have also teamed up together in 1989 to face “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Zeus at SummerSlam.
“Hulk Hogan and Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake had each other’s back through thick and thin in WWE. This Saturday, The Hulkster will have the honor of presenting his close friend when he receives sports-entertainment’s highest honor, as he will induct Beefcake into the WWE Hall of Fame during the 2019 Induction Ceremony this Saturday, the eve of WrestleMania 35,”. Brutus (real name Ed Leslie) signed a full-time deal with the World Wrestling Entertainment (then WWF) in 1984 and played a heel. Then Brutus joined up with Greg “The Hammer” Valentine to form the "Dream Team" and won the won tag team titles in 1985. He has rounded out the Class of 2019 and will be inducted in a ceremony at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Here are all the other inductees into the Hall of Fame-
1. Honky Tonk Man- A former Intercontinental Champion and the first individual to be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. He is officially recognized as the Longest-reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion at 454 days.
2. Torrie Wilson- An iconic superstar for the WWE during the Attitude Era. She has participated in numerous iconic segments for WWE.
3. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)- They were a dominant tag-team pair in the WCW before WWE bought them. Booker T will now become a two-time inductee after he was inducted individually in 2013.
4. Sue Aitchison- She will receive the 2019 Warrior Award at the ceremony. She is WWE's Senior Director of Talent Relations and has worked closely to enhance WWE's relationship with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and their WrestleMania Reading Challenge program.
5. D-Generation X- DX will be the headliners of the WWE Hall of Fame this year. WWE has decided to induct only Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chyna, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and X-Pac as a part of the group while leaving out several others. Michaels will join Ric Flair as a two-time inductee (and Booker T who is also going to be inducted in the same year. It is the first time that WWE has recognized Chyna as an important part of their programming since she left the company in 2001. Chyna died in 2016 due to an overdose of alcohol, combined with the anxiety drugs.
6. The Hart Foundation- Bret “Hit Man” Hart & the late Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart are two-time WWE Tag Team Champions and one of the most successful teams in tag team wrestling. Bret Hart will also become a two-time WWE Hall of Fame Inductee, joining Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels and Booker T. Neidhart died earlier this year due at the age of 63.