While planning a trip with your pet you need to be careful about many things. Guarantee you keep dog wipes, water bowls, food treats and essentials to make the trip unforgettable for you and your furry friends.
The essential tips you need to be careful while travelling is:
* Avoid feeding your pet food or water right before you set out. Give your pet water regularly but in less quantity. This will keep them hydrated.
* If it’s a road trip, make a pit stop every few hours to let your pet step out of the car and attend to nature’s call.
* Carry a portable or foldable food and water bowl for your pet as they do not occupy any space and have negligible weight.
* Carry plenty of dog wipes to wipe off your pet’s face and paws that may have caught on dust/dirt due to being in the outdoors.
* Since it’s nearly impossible to carry your animal’s bed with you during travel, you can carry a rolled up mat instead which works as a good substitute to a bed and ensures your pet has his own space to rest.
* Carrying basic and necessary medicines is important.
* Being crate is as important for pets as seat belts and are paramount for human safety. It is safest to have your pet crated to avoid any mishap in case of sudden braking. Plus, if your pet moves around too much, it could be a big distraction for the driver.
* In case you are flying, there are certain norms of transportation which need to be adhered to, but try to ensure you too are boarded on the same flight.
* While choosing an accommodation, ensure it is pet-friendly.
* Carry some accessories such as a collar and leash, your pet’s favourite toy and a wearable tracker.